Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Friday's Workshop at the Espanola Fibre Arts Festival

It was a busy weekend at the Espanola Fibre Arts Festival! I flew up on Thursday, just in time for supper followed by a very informative lecture by one of the invitees (more on that later). That deserves a post of its own.

One of my Fibre Art Pendant workshops was the next day. It was very difficult to get time to do a post as there were things going on during the evenings too.

I had a bunch of very enthusiastic ladies in both classes. A good friend of mine from Newfoundland  traveled all the way to Espanola to take my Friday class.

There was lots of felt and glitzy yarns provided to make the bases for the pendants. I had lots of samples prepared and demonstrated my method for embellishing the felt, making templates, beading and cutting out the pendant shapes. Everyone had a relaxing day and went away very satisfied with their pendants. A few of the ladies visited me at the Vendor's Market the next day, wearing their piece of original art!









I've hooked up with The Needle & Thread Network.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like some great creations came out of your class. I am sure everyone had so much fun (and the teacher probably had even more!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely day Judy. I showed my pendant and pin at my Guid’s Show and Tell last night and had lots of compliments.

    ReplyDelete